Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which colour temperature to choose in a bright sunny place

Posted by carolml (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 15:55

We are currently building a casa in Mexico and trying to decide from Canada on which bulbs to buy for pot lights. We have purchased Cree Ecosmart LEDFloods in both 2700K and 5000K to test out. These are discounted locally as a power smart initiative and we would like to take advantage of the price, and, we would be unable to find anything like them in our little town in Mexico. The house will have 10 foot ceilings and mostly warm white walls. I am worried that the 5000K will be too stark though I like the idea of "daylight". Real daylight there is very bright, would the 2700K look to yellow in comparison? Final point, the house is an open plan so I feel all the lights should be the same or can you mix them without it looking funny - brighter lights in the kitchen and warmer ones elsewhere?
If you have an opinion about this, please advise.
Gracias.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which colour temperature to choose in a bright sunny pla

It doesn't matter much where the house is located since the lights would be used when natural lighting is insufficient.

If you prefer daylight lighting, you could have all lights daylight color. Alternatively, if you do have physical separations- opaque walls, you could have different colors depending on the space.

o
RE: Which colour temperature to choose in a bright sunny place

Thanks David, I guess my real question is whether or not I will find the 5000K bulbs too cold. I wish Cree made a bulb half way between the two colours.
Carol

o
RE: Which colour temperature to choose in a bright sunny place

If you have recessed lighting in mind, the Cree CR series has more options.

They also perform better.

Other than that, a 5000k light color from movable lamps could be fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here