Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pendant lights to hang through a beam?

Posted by politicaux (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 15:36

I'm midway through rebuilding a flooded house and need some suggestions for lighting. I've taken out a wall separating the kitchen from great room and I'm in the process of replacign it with a 6' two-level bar. I'd planned on installing pendant lights above the bar. The wall I removed was a support wall, so I went back in with a 12' beam to span the opening. My issue now is that I'm struggling with how to hang pendants from the beam. I'd like to keep the beam as inobtrusive as possible, so building in a space around it to mount fixtures isn't ideal.

Is there such a thing as a pendant light that would work with its base above the beam, a wire hanging through, and a trim piece of some sort where the wire comes out the bottom of the beam? If I could keep everything but the bulb and a thin wire above the beam I'd have my current headache solved.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here