Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prima Lighting - LED fixtures

Posted by cakequeen (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 4, 10 at 13:10

Has anyone purchased from Prima Lighting? I saw some of their LED fixtures in a showroom yesterday and was impressed. They seem to have nicely trimmed fixtures such as gimbals, clean flush trims that I am not seeing in other brands and the range of light color is very good: cool, neutral and warm. They are expensive but I'm tempted. I'd appreciate hearing anyone's personal experience with this company.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prima Lighting - LED fixtures

This is supposed to be a decent company but I didn't know they sold direct. They have area reps. Where are you thinking of purchasing these from?

o

I'm in San Francisco. I can't afford to change out my whole house's lighting but thought I'd put in some undercab and cove lighting and maybe some cans in the kitchen and bath during a remodel. The cost is challenging and so are the lack of trims and color in LEDs. I was impressed with some of the Prima light quality and design.

o
Retrofit lighting is becoming common

Retrofit lighting is very common method to home improvements. LED retrofit lighting is becoming more and more common as the benefits of LED retrofit lighting become more and more obvious.

Here is a link that might be useful: Retrofit lighting

o
Benefits of this unique LED retrofit program

The most crucial element of retrofit lighting is efficiency. Most retrofit lighting fixtures are far more efficient than standard lighting fixtures. ESI focuses on LED energy saving technology. We are involved in design, manufacture marketing and installation of our products. We test, guarantee and fully support all our products.

Here is a link that might be useful: LED retrofit

o
LED retrofit program Benefits

LED retrofit lighting, on the other hand, is much more efficient than any of these other retrofit lighting technologies. Indeed, LED retrofit lighting fixtures bring new meaning to retrofit lighting insofar as the fundamental purpose of retrofit lighting is to economize and make existing lighting systems more efficient.

Here is a link that might be useful: LED retrofit

o

How much do the Prima lights cost?

o

The Prima lights vary, of course. Some are ajustable pivots, some have drivers some don't. They come in diff. sizes. I'd say the cans w/ drivers are probably between 130. and 200. each. There are also many other types of lights; some very beautiful sconces, strip lights, etc. that are all priced differently.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here