Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To match, or not to match?!?!

Posted by khood (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 25, 11 at 11:35

HI all,
DH and I are currently building a home and it's time for me to select the light fixtures. My question is two fold:

-Do the lighting fixtures all need to match? (all brushed nickel, or all oil rubbed bronze)

-Should the light fixtures match the hardware? (our hardware on our cabinets and doors are brushed nickel and the faucets are also brushed nickel)

I know ultimately it comes down to preference, I just wondered what everyone else has in their home.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To match, or not to match?!?!

There has been much discussion on this. I think it was over on the decorating forum too.

I think it's just preference. In our current build, most of the the downstairs is SS or nickel. Master bath is chrome(just because I liked my chosen fixtures better in chrome) Upstairs, the kids wanted ORB so that's what they have in their rooms and baths. All interior door hardware is SS regardless of place. Outdoor light fixtures are ORB. All exterior door hardware is ORB except front doors. Those are black because of the iron scrolls on the doors.

Kitchen app are SS. Cab hardware is SN. Some people have mixed hardware finishes as well within one kitchen.

All in all...I think pick what you like.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here