Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canishel

Seagull ceiling light experience

canishel
11 years ago

IâÂÂm posting this experience in case anyone is considering Seagull light fixtures and in case anyone has any suggestions about what I should do.

Four white Seagull flush-mount ceiling lights were installed in my kitchen: two medium sized and two small sized.
In less than a year, I noticed the two medium sized globes were gray while the small sized globes remained white. Seagull was contacted about the problem; photos were provided. Initially, customer service was responsive and wrote that the tech department was notified. Several emails were exchanged with Seagull for about five months. My last email was unanswered.

I contacted the local supplier about the problem in November. The supplier contacted the sales rep. Both tried to be helpful and wanted to replace the globes. But they couldnâÂÂt tell me if the replacements would have the same problem (e.g., same lot number).

If I didnâÂÂt like the simple lines of the fixtures, I would merely replace both. However, it looks like I will try to find another company and replace the fixtures.