Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscape lighting problem

Posted by rg8043 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 0:14

I have a focus low voltage lighting system. All of a sudden, lights started burning out. If this helps, at first I noticed a couple of burned out bulbs and I had to go out of town. When I returned a few days later, several other bulbs stopped working, they burned out starting from the point furthest from the transformer. I checked each burned out light fixture with a volt meter and the fixtures have power.

I can't understand why the bulbs are burning out. I don't have a clue as to where to start to determine the cause. Any suggestion would be most appreciated.

Rob

I

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscape lighting problem

If one bulb burns out, it increases the voltage to the others, and may cause them to burn out as well.

o

Before I purchase several new bulbs, does anyone know if there is some way to test the system to determine if a burned out light caused my problem?

Thank You

o

what is the voltage rating of the bulbs and what was the voltage you measured when you checked the fixtures for power?

Are they halogen lights?, If so, be sure not to handle them with bare fingers, and if they were halogens, I would try to find a Xenon substitute, they last 5 times longer and do not get as hot.

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here