Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please review lighting plan - meeting with electrician Thursday

Posted by lexmomof3 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 23:25

Please review my lighting plan. Our house plan didn't come with one. I'm meeting with the electrician Thursday. I'm pretty satisfied with the first floor but I've posted it in case anyone sees something I should do differently. There is a small recessed light in front of the fireplace that I'm unsure about. We haven't decided if we'll put the TV there or artwork. Any advice on the lighting for TV vs artwork?

I'm not at all sure about the second floor. I feel like I need more light in the bedrooms but not sure if can lights are the answer. We have decided on foam for the roofline so that should help with air leakage if we do add more can lights. The recessed area in the upstairs hallway is for family pictures. There will be recessed lighting to highlight them.

Red circles = can lights
Hexagons = ceiling fans
Not sure if I will put ceiling fans on the front porch, there for the ?.
Black Circles = regular ceiling fixtures.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please review lighting plan - meeting with electrician Thursd

second floor:

o
RE: Please review lighting plan - meeting with electrician Thursd

I love your floor plan. Can you send me the details on it?? Thanks so much!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here