Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LED Strip Light Help Needed!

Posted by KelinMD (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 23:25

The electrician just installed the LED strip/ribbon lights under our new cabinets, above them and in. The problem is they are the brightest "white light" we have ever seen. Our other lights are incandescent and cast a "yellow" light where these are extremely stark. (they have dimmers, it is color of the light rather than the brightness that is the issue.) The mix of the two tones looks awful. They make it look like an office building and are harsh on the eyes. Is there a way to change the strips to a warmer light or is this starting from scratch with a whole new ribbon and install cost? I'm hoping there a simple way to change this!

This post was edited by KelinMD on Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 23:32

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LED Strip Light Help Needed!

The color is fixed.
The best route is to change the strips for those which output a soft white ( 2700k).

o

When I purchased Philips LED bulbs 2 years ago, I tried the 2700K and 3000K and decided I liked the 2700K ones better since they produced a warmer light and caused less eye strain.

o

thank you. So are the strips removable and you just plug a new strip in?

o

Ask your electrician to replace them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here