Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Capiz flower pendant: what other lighting coordinates?

Posted by NewEnglandSara (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 12 at 23:12

Hi All,

We bought the Capiz Flower Pendant from Pottery Barn, and we plan to put it above our large kitchen island. I also need to find fixtures for above the kitchen sink (a small pendant) and for above our rectangular kitchen table that is in the same space. I am feeling in over my head, and we are on a time crunch. Any thoughts about what sorts of fixtures coordinate with a capiz flower pendant?

Other info...Our cabinets are European Beech in a Shaker style with crown moulding to the ceiling, and we have a silvery Silestone countertop. The appliances are stainless, and our backsplash is 1 X 3 subway tile in sort of "beachy" colors: two aquas, two soft greens, a pale gray and an almost-white gray. The room has plenty of recessed lighting already aside from the eating area. Finally, the kitchen area is also open to a family room, which includes a Modern Fan in white.

I am eager for some ideas. Thank you! :-)

Sara

Here is a link that might be useful: link to capiz pendant at Pottery Barn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Capiz flower pendant: what other lighting coordinates?

I think I would just keep it simple but try to match one of the elements of the capiz light. So either match the color, or the frostedness, or the general shape of each frond or find something that co-ordinates without commanding attention so the capiz light will be the star!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here