Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polie_gw

Recommendation for Craftsman Copper lighting

polie
12 years ago

My prior postings on the lighting forum have all been questions, so I'm happy to be able to post a recommendation. If you like copper lighting fixtures in the Arts & Craft style, I can recommend James Davies of Craftsman Copper. All the fixtures he makes are custom, so they aren't cheap by any means but I fully expect my lamp to last my lifetime and probably "outlive" me.

This weekend, the copper floor lamp he made for me arrived. It's such a handsome lamp! The hammering of the metal is just beautiful. It's rather unconventional in that it's a torchiere, but I needed something very practical to light a large open space with 10 foot high ceilings. In that sense, I think that it's true to the arts & crafts spirit of having beautiful yet useful household objects. Although I got a floor lamp, if you go to Mr. Davies' website, you'll see a variety of lamps and chandeliers.

It was also a pleasure to communicate with Mr. Davies during the process, as each lamp is custom made. He did an excellent job of keeping in touch with me to let me know the status of my order. I highly recommend Craftsman Copper lamps.

Here is his contact information:

Phone - (360) 486-4962,

via e-mail at james@craftsmancopper.com,

or by mail at:

Craftsman Copper

2638 24th Avenue, N.E.

Olympia, WA. 98506