Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Undercabinet Lighting that's pleasant to look at????

Posted by karen44_2008 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 20, 10 at 21:04

Hi all. I have what I presume is an unusual question. My kitchen is all interior, no exterior walls, so my sink faces a large pass-through into the dining room. My problem...over the sink, above the pass-through is a transom of cabinets with glass fronts. My architect is suggesting hanging two mini-pendants from the cabinets to add some additional light at the sink. I agree some light is needed at the sink -- there are recessed cans in the ceiling about 8 inches behind where you stand at the sink --however, I'd prefer not to obstruct my opening into the dining room. I've asked the contractor -- husband of the architect -- about some puck-type lighting to install in the base of the transom cabinets but he has pooh-poohed saying he doesn't think they work that well and that they look cheap. (You will see them if you're at the sink and raise your eyes.) Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to add light without obstructing my view?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Undercabinet Lighting that's pleasant to look at????

Have you considered low profile LED undercabinet lighting?

o
RE: Undercabinet Lighting that's pleasant to look at????

I'm not sure if that's the type he was thinking of or not, I didn't use any specific lighting lingo other than "is there anything like a small recessed light you can use?" They're response was esssentially "the puck lighting just doesn't look good". I'll ask him if low profile LED was what he was referring to. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here