Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do Juno 216 cans sound right with 8' ceilings in a kitchen?

Posted by honeysucklevine (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 15, 10 at 20:30

Do Juno 216 cans sound right with 8' ceilings in a kitchen?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do Juno 216 cans sound right with 8' ceilings in a kitchen?

Perhaps. It depends on whether you need to be title 24 compliant and other factors such as style, amount of light you want in the kitchen, type of light bulb - incandescant, halogen, led, CFL.

o

I don't live in California. I want to put halogens, but Ihave no experience with them.

o

Rather than starting with a specific light type, I'd consider the following first
1. Amount of light needed in the room.
2. Number of cans needed, whether there will be other light sources in the room.
3. Spotlighting or washing or indirect lighting.
4. Different light types, styles.

Halogens run hot and use quite a bit of electricity which runs contrary to current green trends. Consequently, halogen bulbs may become scarce over time.

o

Should I pick Juno 216, 206, 204 trim if I have 8' ceiling?

o

the 206cwh trim will use the 50par30 halogen lamp ,which will give you much more light output than the 65br30, while placing the light bulb much higher into the trim for optimum performance.
With the 216cwh the bulb will be lower in the trim ,resulting in unwanted glare.
However with the 216cwh, you can use a CFL spiral lamp,, as the trim will direct the light into your living space.
Halogen lamps are extremely effcient and well made.

o

Halogens are more efficient than incandescent bulbs, but not CFLs or LEDs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here