Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom Lighting

Posted by tgd2008 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 28, 09 at 20:20

Hi,

I need to figure out lighting for my bathroom. It's just a standard small bath with tub/shower alcove. About 8x10. There are two tall cabinets and a 42" vanity in between with one sink. Valance is overhead between the cabinets. I'm planning on two sconces flanking an oval mirror. I think I need some overhead lighting in that grooming area for lighting all around.

How would you handle this situation?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom Lighting

I'm forgoing the idea of additional (overhead canned) lighting in the vanity area and opting for a ceiling fixture for general lighting.

I was hoping to take the high efficacy plunge there, also on a dimmer as I usually don't like bright lights but need the option for well lit. What lamps would I be restricted to? CFL E26 bulbs I've tried have a poor color light. I was thinking the circline might be better as the Kelvin and CRI figures looked pretty good, comoparable to incandescent. But they can't be put on a dimmer can they? There was even a CRI 100. LEDs sound really good but are they only in the canned version for general lighting, ie, no flush mounts yet? Any others to consider?

I'd just do incandescents on a dimmer if I can't get a quality light color in there, but just read that that isn't as efficient as it appears on the surface, which I had no idea of.

Can anyone straighten my head out?

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here