Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need to find B15 SCB light bulbs

Posted by publickman (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 18, 09 at 19:41

I am a furniture designer (and I also design chandeliers, wall sconces, table & floor lamps, etc.), and we currently have orders for chandeliers and floor lamps that are going to Saudi Arabia. We wired the chandelier with B15 S.C. Bayonet sockets (standard for Britain), but I have been unable to find a domestic source for light bulbs that we could use for testing. S.A. uses 137 V, and so we can use normal current for testing, but I need to find the bulbs. I used to get them from a place in New Jersey, but they appear to be out of business.

I was trying to find a forum that would discuss lighting, and I happened to find this on GW, where I was already a member, although I post mostly on the cooking forum. I did find a forum for antique light bulbs, but that is no help.

The chandelier in question is one I designed ten years ago (but still sells), and I am trying now to design lamps that will be appropriate for new lamping restrictions that will occur in the new future.

I hope this is an appropriate question to ask here!

Lars

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need to find B15 SCB light bulbs

Have you tried 1000bulbs.com?

They have a pretty wide array of bulbs.

Good luck!

o
RE: Need to find B15 SCB light bulbs

I tried them, but they do not have any single contact bayonet base B15 bulbs - theirs are all pretty much standard domestic bulbs. I need something more exotic - bulbs that have a base that is standard in Britain (and other countries that use British bulbs), but at 120-130 volts. The only other countries I know of where this is standard (beside Saudi Arabia) are Barbatos and Jamaica, which use British sockets (because of the British influence), but use voltage around 110-120. Even Belize uses Edison screw base bulbs. The company in New Jersey sold them to people who had British or other foreign fixtures that they had not rewired. I guess there is not that much of a demand for this.

One of our clients goes to Barbatos fequently, but I don't think I could ask her to pick up some light bulbs for me. We have a showroom in London, but the light bulbs there are 220-240 volts instead of 120. I guess I could use those for the dielectric tests, but they wouldn't perform correctly.

Lars

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here