Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sashasmommy_gw

Crooked chandelier

sashasmommy
13 years ago

Hi All,

We bought this chandelier for our dining room, and it hangs crooked. It's too late to send it back, so we need to fix it ourselves. You can tell that the base where all the arms extend from is not level to the floor or the ceiling. Any ideas on ways to fix it or make it look better before we use the brute force method and try bending things?

Here is a link that might be useful: Triarch International 31613 Rustic / Country Six Light Chandelier from The Petal Collection

Comments (8)

• roadbike
    13 years ago

If it's crystal do you have all the jewels? If one is missing that can shift the center to one side. More likely is that one or more of the arms is out of position. The arms should be equidistant at the outside. Don't just push on the arm - it could break. It may take some disassembly to get things right so if you don't have the skills ask a lighting shop to make it right for you.

• sashasmommy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

There are no jewels... there was no assembly on our part, it came all in one piece. The arms look like they are soldered on. Will try asking a lighting shop, but it might cost more to fix it than it cost us to buy it. :-(

• roadbike
    13 years ago

As David noted small weights added to the outermost point may offset the imbalance. It's difficult to say what kind of weights will work the best. You may be able to hide either lead splitshot or florists putty around the socket if there is room.

• brickeyee
    13 years ago

Make sure there is some slack in the wiring feeding up the hanging chain.

It should NOT be pulled tight (more like barely snug).

• sashasmommy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

There is some slack in the cord I think... I'll check when we go over there this weekend.

• jandrade60
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I know this an old question but I had a similar problem when installing a 9 light lamp and was unable to find an answer. After a couple of hours trying to figure it out, my wife returned home and noticed that the spacing between the arms were uneven. I adjusted the spacing and resolved the problem. She should never leave me by myself :)

• Julia I.
    2 years ago

How did you adjust spacing ?