Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Lighting Plan - Please Critique!

Posted by kitchenredo2 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 8, 09 at 18:11

I am trying to pick lighting for my new kitchen. I will have recessed, under cabinet and pendants. Please let me know if any of this makes good lighting sense and what I should change.

Thanks in advance!

kitchen lighting plan larger

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Lighting Plan - Please Critique!

Most lighting designers will want to put the 5" cans over the edge of the counter top to prevent shadows. Many prefer to have two over the sink which is an area that requires high levels of illumination and two overlapping beams of light reduce the possibility that your hands or dishes will block the light. The general idea is to light up your work areas and let spill light take care of where you walk. However, you can do what you drew since you have under cabinet lighting. It is just not optimal. The location of the ceiling joists will have a major impact on where you put the lighting unless you are willing to re-frame the ceiling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here