Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spotlighting art -- good led alternatives to mr16?

Posted by dgdg (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 14, 11 at 16:56

Howdy folks,

I am looking to add some directional recessed lights in my living room, aimed to spotlight a couple pieces of art (a photo and a print). Can anyone recommend any specific LED alternatives to MR16 halogens for this purpose?

I was inclined to go with the MR16s (e.g., in 3-4" cans), since I love the way they make bright colors "pop." Also, since we're only talking about 2-3 lights, efficiency is somewhat less of a concern. That being said, I do want to minimize UV damage to the art, and I try to cut electrical consumption wherever possible, so I am open to considering a quality LED fixture/lamp.

Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations!

DG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spotlighting art -- good led alternatives to mr16?

There are MR16 LED lights that can be used in place of halogen MR16 bulbs.

Other alternatives
LED track lighting,
LED light bars, ...

I've included a link for a manufacturer that makes LED lighting for museums

Here is a link that might be useful: LED lighting factory

o

Thanks, davidtay! Lots of neat stuff at that link. If anyone has recommendations for a specific LED MR16 bulb replacement (or for a good recessed directional LED setup), that would be helpful, too.

o

Take a look at the offerings on
www.polar-ray.com
www.superbrightleds.com
You may find www.mr16led.org an interesting read.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here