Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying to figure out lighting for kitchen/dinette

Posted by KelliC (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 16, 14 at 16:38

I'm trying to figure out what type/style of light fixtures to put in my kitchen. My kitchen is 10' x 20' with a dinette area at one end and the kitchen at the other. The flush mount fixture over the kitchen is too dim, and I find myself using the dinette light just to bring more light into my kitchen. I also cannot even reach this fixture to try new bulbs because it's 13' off the ground. I know I want a hanging fixture so I can change out bulbs easier, but I was hoping someone could give me some input as to the style. Thank you!

Dinette
 photo c9c84380-686c-44f3-8efc-2822b9ae644c_zps8d7de75f.jpg

Kitchen

photo e0a8d3c1-ffa1-4c89-84d6-b1b7ee4e29ff_zpse53b58d5.jpg

Dining room outside of kitchen light:
 photo a857554a-5960-4241-93ae-5effe4617f2e_zps6fddc8c4.jpg

Also, I know I need to finish painting haha. That's being done today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying to figure out lighting for kitchen/dinette

Possible options
1. Install under cabinet lighting to illuminate the task areas.
2. Indirect lighting on the cabinet tops

o

Can't see the overall kitchen but with a set up like that I would choose two matching hanging pendant lights and go much larger than the one you have in the dinette, which looks too small.

For those two I would go with something that takes LED bulbs because they are very bright.

What will help also is under-cabinet or task lighting. That comes in LED or fluorescent bars of different sizes and styles. Those go on the bottom of upper cabinets and the thinner they are the less they show. Or a strip of molding is sometimes needed to conceal them.

o

Your house looks beautiful. I want mine to look how you currently have it now! Where did you get those light fixtures?!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here