Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imlebby

Do lights in a larger kitchen have to be matching?

imlebby
13 years ago

We are putting the final touches on our new kitchen (approx 14' x 28") White shaker style cabinets - to the ceiling. Black soapstone, white subway tile splash, stainless appliances, polished nickel drawer pulls, oak flooring and BM guilford green walls.

I really want to use two of the Quoizel Emery Mini Pendants (see link below) over my peninsula which separates the kitchen part of the room from the eat in area (all one large room), but am at a loss for what to do with the eat in part. The light in the dining area will be over a 52" round antique table with a lazy susan built in so I am thinking that a polished nickel light would not go. I was considering the new potterybarn Graham chandelier - http://www.potterybarn.com/products/graham-chandelier/?pkey=cwhats-new-lighting

as I also hope to put wood blinds on my windows. Will the black chandelier (pairs with the soapstone) and the wood from the Light's shades with the wood floor and wood blinds, work with the emery pendants on the peninsula? - or at least compliment?

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Quoizel mini pendant Emery in silver

Comments (2)