Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do lights in a larger kitchen have to be matching?

Posted by imlebby (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 31, 11 at 16:37

We are putting the final touches on our new kitchen (approx 14' x 28") White shaker style cabinets - to the ceiling. Black soapstone, white subway tile splash, stainless appliances, polished nickel drawer pulls, oak flooring and BM guilford green walls.

I really want to use two of the Quoizel Emery Mini Pendants (see link below) over my peninsula which separates the kitchen part of the room from the eat in area (all one large room), but am at a loss for what to do with the eat in part. The light in the dining area will be over a 52" round antique table with a lazy susan built in so I am thinking that a polished nickel light would not go. I was considering the new potterybarn Graham chandelier - http://www.potterybarn.com/products/graham-chandelier/?pkey=cwhats-new-lighting

as I also hope to put wood blinds on my windows. Will the black chandelier (pairs with the soapstone) and the wood from the Light's shades with the wood floor and wood blinds, work with the emery pendants on the peninsula? - or at least compliment?

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Quoizel mini pendant Emery in silver

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do lights in a larger kitchen have to be matching?

It's all in what you like. If that's what appeals to you, why not?

o
RE: Do lights in a larger kitchen have to be matching?

There is no reason you can't mix textures and colors, and even styles. Just be careful not to mix too many different ones. I would view the pictures of the two lighting options side by side on your computer, if you have not already and try to picture them in your room setting in your mind. It sometimes helps to stare at the photos and then close your eyes to visualize them together.

Good Luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here