Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does Halo 6" LED recessed light go well with dimmer?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 16:01

I had my living room installed six cree CR6-800L recessed lights. They can be continuously dimmed to about 5% with Lutron Diva C-L dimmer. Very nice. Really appreciate all the help I got from here, especially much help from David.

I am considering to have the computer room install six Halo 6" LED recessed lights, which has whiter color temperature of 3000K. Will the Lutron Diva dimmer work well with Halo lights just as the Cree ones?

The contractor suggested I buy another 6 Cree CR6 ones, since they are pretty good. I don't know if Halo can work as well. I think it might be better to have the computer room with whiter light.

Thank you very much and I am looking forward to your help, because I need to get the lights on Monday, which is tomorrow.

This post was edited by janesylvia on Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 16:03

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does Halo 6" LED recessed light go well with dimmer?

Yes they should. There are daylight white versions of the CR6 now available from HD

o

Thank you very much, David. Ecosmart daylight version has 5000K temperature, which is too white for the home computer room. I prefer 3000K or 3500K.

o

The Sylvania RT6 also works well. IMO better than Halo

o

Thank you, David. In what respect is Sylvania better? I saw Sylvania can only be dimmed to 20%.

Really appreciate your help.

o

Not so much glare, better efficiency the last time I looked

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here