Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz

Help, Motion sensor light in my office is driving me batty!

So management of the downtown office building where I work decided to "go green" (which I applaud) and installed motion sensor lights in all the offices. Now, when I sit at my desk busily working at my computer - which is pretty much what I do all day - after a few minutes my office lights will go out. Apparently I sit too still while I type. LOL!

Anyway, to the get the lights to go back on I have to semaphore my arms at the light sensor. This happens about every ten minutes or so and goes on ALL DAY LONG. It is driving me bonkers!

Since complaints to building management have been unavailing, I'm thinking about buying a cheap pendulum clock and hanging it above the light sensor so that the pendulum swings in front of the sensor...which of course would totally defeat the purpose in the first place PLUS it involves the added cost of an otherwise unneeded clock and the battery power to operate it.

Anybody got any better suggestions? Is there a way of turning up the sensitivity on these sensors so it will "see" my busily moving fingers?

thanks in advance

Comments (6)