Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sparklingwater_gw

Skip recessed lights, focus on ceilings & under counter lights?

SparklingWater
11 years ago

Hoping to get some reaction on this. I'm very aware light layers are advised. I'm just not much of a multiple recessed kitchen light person and find there are some beautiful flush and semi-flush lovely fixtures on the market, including LED.

My kitchen has a central light fixture and the adjacent eat in pantry has two older flush lights which actually go fairly high space wise behind the bulb/recessed fixture. Our ceilings are 8'6".

Here are two Fabbian Faretti flush mounts I'm considering for the pantry. I'd pick one style for both ceiling holes, the first centered between a tall pantry cab and two glass upper cabinets, and the second over the eating space. These would work well overall with the house style and the new room design and the direct wire and recessed space is already there. Fabbian has some lovely kitchen ambient light fixtures also for the kitchen proper.

These would be in addition to under-cabinet lighting, where I am planning LED direct wire fixtures that fit a 3/4" light rail on frameless cabinetry. I'm struggling with finding these in direct wire as most are for wider light rails and/or rather dear in cost (Kichtler and Phillips-both take taller light rails?). Do you have any less pricey but not brief moment delay on (Lowes) rather instant on suggestions? I have read the led knowledge thread multiple times but haven't found a 3/4" height direct wire LED solution as yet.

Thank you very much.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)