Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini Pendant Lights: Interchangeable Glass Shades?

Posted by CollagePaint (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 15, 12 at 13:27

DH and I are just beginning to look for mini pendants for our new kitchen and are entering foreign territory. A significant part of our interest is the idea of periodically buying different glass shades for them. Online photos suggest that there are a few *collar* shapes and sizes (don't know the proper term) used on zillions of mini pendants. Can we reasonably anticipate being able to buy new shades in the future, or do the shapes and diameters of the *collars* and shades change so much that we should buy several sets of alternate shades when we buy the fixtures?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini Pendant Lights: Interchangeable Glass Shades?

Check out WAC and buy the shades you like at the same time.
They have plenty of fixtures which use a variety of shades.

Manufacturers will frequently change the specs of a fixture or discontinue the fixture without notice. It would be much easier on you to buy the replacement shades at the same time as the fixtures.

o

Thank you, granite man. I suspected that that might be the answer-- it just would have been fun to think that we could look forward to buying additional shades when we came upon ones that we really like.

o

My kitchen use pendant lighting buy at amazon.

Here is a link that might be useful: pendant lighting

o

Buy anything you want at the same time as the fixtures.

There are no hard standards governing fixture shade design.

The next manufacturing lot may not be compatible with previous lots.

Some fixture globes have not changed in years, but those are the exception more than the rule.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here