Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Led lights - tall sloped ceiling

Posted by dgg66 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 13:02

Hi,

We would like to put in our 2 story family room (20 feet high) led recessed lighting. We wanted to use CREE cr6 lights, but they are not able to work on sloped ceilings.

Does anyone have an alternative to the CR6 in a sloped ceiling? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Led lights - tall sloped ceiling

Is it new construction or retrofit?

If new construction you can get sloped ceiling LED lights from Juno (e.g., their IC926LED6), and no doubt others.

If existing, and you already have sloped cans for incandescent bulbs, there are a number of PAR38 and BR40 style LED bulbs out. Cree makes their LRP-38 - but it is pricey ($70-$100). There are other PAR38 and BR40 style bulbs that are in the $30-$50 range.

My house has 13 of the regular Juno IC926 sloped ceiling cans with 75 watt BR40s in them. But since there are other lighting alternatives in the rooms, they aren't used that much. So it doesn't make fiscal sense to spend a lot to replace the bulbs. However if I were doing the ceiling today, I would probably just bite the bullet and either put in the IC926LED6 units, or (googling around a bit looking at prices) maybe save about $50/can by using the regular IC926 again with the LRP38 bulbs.

o
RE: Led lights - tall sloped ceiling

Hi,

It is a remodel and there are no existing cans in the ceiling now. The only lighting in the room is from an old ceiling fan that is also going to be replaced. The room always seems dark and cave like at night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here