Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

led ucl ? for davidtay or other expert

Peke
11 years ago

Can I use the solid apollo for my undercabinet lights and on the inside of my upper glass cabinets? Seems like I could just have the electrician install plugs in the wall then I could install the leds when I get them delivered. It seems like they will be bright enough and that it uses almost any dimmer. What do you think?
Thanks, Peke

http://www.solidapollo.com/driverless-led-strips/

SKU SA-DLS-5050-W
Dimmable Yes by virtually any wall dimmer
Minimum cut 50cm
LED Color White
Color Temperature (kú) 6000K
Color Rendering Index (CRI) 82
Lumens per Foot 274 Lumens
LEDs per Foot 18/foot
Operating Voltage 110V AC
Watts per Foot 4.4W
LED Type Espistar 5050 Trichip
Beam Angle 120
Warranty 3 Years
Weight .75 Lbs
Size W:.47" X H:.28"
Mostly used in Linear Lighting
IP Rating IP67
Expected Life Span 50,000 hrs
Product Color White Circuit
Working Temperature -20-140F
Certificates CE, RoHS

or here is a warm white:

SKU SA-DLS-5050-WW
Dimmable Yes by virtually any wall dimmer
Minimum cut 50cm or 19.67"
LED Color Warm White
Color Temperature (kú) 3100K
Color Rendering Index (CRI) 82
Lumens per Foot 220 Lumens
LEDs per Foot 18/foot
Operating Voltage 110V AC
Watts per Foot 4.4W
LED Type Espistar 5050 Trichip
Beam Angle 120
Warranty 3 Years
Weight .75 Lbs
Size W:.47" X H:.28"
Mostly used in Linear Lighting
IP Rating IP67
Expected Life Span 50,000 hrs
Product Color White Circuit
Working Temperature -20-140F
Certificates CE, RoHS

Comments (9)

• David
    11 years ago

If you intend to use the standard plug, the general expectation is that the socket is controlled by a simple on/off switch and not dimmed.
    One possible solution is that the romex exits the wall and is connected to the LED power cord in a small junction box like that used by the eW profile.

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok. Thanks, so if using a dimmer I need them direct wired.

Does everything else look good? Lumens? The LEDs seem to be close together so maybe no spotlights? 3 year warranty looks good.

They are inexpensive....that sort of makes me nervous. Other LED strips are $100-200.00. I know there are separate pieces to buy, but they seem to be a good price. What do you think?

Thanks, Peke

• David
    11 years ago

There will be tiny beads of light.

• Peke
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I couldn't see whether they are UL approved. I did find some of their low voltage that were UL approved.

Tiny beads of light compared to eW Phillips? eW are much bigger beads of light or different?

I am also wondering what the light looks like over a shiny countertop.

Peke

• David
    11 years ago

The eW has a diffuser which helps reduce the appearance of beads.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

David, I found another ucl. Tresco Lighting products. It is called a stick light. I will try to put the link here. It is likable, led light but doesn't say dimmable or hoe it connects to power. I guess it is low voltage.

Here is a link that might be useful: tresco stick lights

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

Tresco Sticklight: 22" Single Stick LED, 5000K, Nickel.

Pretty high Kelvin rating, Peke: will be very bright LED. Hard on the eyes perhaps as ucl. Also, no clear spec sheet attached. I'd shy away and keep looking.

Have you checked Lowe's Utilitech? They have a low profile direct wire, decent diffusion, good sizes, and reasonable price. They are off, low, high. NOT dimmable, but a Lowe's lighting man told me Utilitech on a dimmer may be soon out in Lowes. I hope so as I'm looking for direct wire low profile dimmable too.

Also, look at Kichler's low profile (0.5 inch) low voltage LED which can be connected via direct wire romex with power supply in junction box I've been told. They can be dimmed. I think they are 3000 Kelvin. Don't know if diffuser comes with.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I guess they would be like headlights in my kitchen. LOL
    Thanks for the info on utilitech. Hope them get them out soon.

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

Just of note, Peke. Utilitech Pro is now available: profile is 1 inch some, and is fully dimmable. Our local Lowes no longer carries the reasonably priced non-dimmable LED bars as they are discontinued.