Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
new_2_nj

Chandelier & 8' ceilings - Options for when table is moved

new_2_nj
11 years ago

Hi all,

we're working on a kitchen renovation that is extending to the LR and DR. We love our current chandelier, but we can't move the table (eg for a party or holiday dinner) because it's very sharp and at head height for most people. Since we'll be replacing it, I'm looking for an option that will allow us to hang it the standard 30" above the table, but would also allow us to raise it temporarily when the table is moved. I've been thinking that if it's on a chain or wire, we could add a hook to the ceiling to raise it. Is something like this possible? It seems like it would be a common issue, but I'm having trouble finding any options through a general internet search.

TIA!

Comment (1)

• TSG1104
    11 years ago

Our chandelier hangs from a chain and we just use a carabiner clip to clip one of the lower links to a link near the ceiling. It works great. If you can get one that is similar in color to the chain then probably no one would notice and you can remove it when you don't need it and not have a hook in the ceiling all the time.