Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
willis13_gw

Has anybody used Juno LED recessed cans?

willis13
14 years ago

Struggling with all the choices, but LOVE the idea of biting the bullet and going "green". I'm in Canada, so no need to meet Title 24 (I know somebody is going to ask this :) ). Has anybody used them? Like them? We'd do 5".

I understand their undercabinet stuff is really dim.

TIA...

Comments (11)

• David
    14 years ago

No, I've got Cree LR6 lamps in 6" cans. Expect to see Cree CR6 lamps around the middle of the year for ~ USD 50.

• napagirl
    14 years ago

Wow, that's a fabulous price on the Cree LR6 lamps!
    Where will we be able to find them at that price? The best I could find was around $87.

We will be using the Cree LR6, 2700K in our remodel. I especially like that they have a CRI of 95 (incandescent is 100) so colors appear more natural.

• David
    14 years ago

The CR 6 will replace the LR 6 at approximately half the price. It is expected to be available around the middle of the year.

• lightguy
    14 years ago

Cree announced the CR6 at a great price, but I believe that it will not be exact replacement of the LR6. There will be certain features missing in it which the LR6 has. They may not be a big deal for standard residential applications, but it is something to think about.

I like the Juno can. It's much nicer than the Halo. I think it's just overpriced compared to the LR6. Cree is also releasing a 1000 lumen LR6 in the next month or so. Don't know what the pricing is.

But the 650 lumens of the LR6 will illuminate most kitchens wonderfully.

• David
    14 years ago

From the various information sources I've looked at, it seems that the main differences are
    1. Lower life rating
    2. Lower heat generation
    3. Smaller heat sink.
    4. Equivalent to ~26W CFL.
    Claimed price parity with CFL in new construction.

Here is a link that might be useful: CR6 flyer

• PoorOwner
    14 years ago

I love my LR6 and will stick with that for serious duty like the kitchen , from what is listed I think CR6 will be perfect for areas that doesn't get a lot of use.

• footwedge
    14 years ago

Not to sound like a smart axx, but I think the OP was asking about Juno cans not lights. Anyway, when I read the subject line, I got excited thinking someone with Juno cans would elaborate on them because I'm looking at buying them also. In particular this one: http://www.junolightinggroup.com/Attachments/images/content/SpecSheets/G3_2_2.pdf.

I hope the above thought is correct because if it's not, I'm throughly confused as to what parts are need for a LED system.

• dim4fun
    14 years ago

The best LED results can be had when the entire system is designed as an LED fixture. The same is true of fluorescent lighting. The self contained lamps with driver/ballst are at a disadvantage.

Here is a link that might be useful: Juno LED housing

• willis13
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You're right, footwedge, I was wondering about the total Juno system. It's very expensive... but it should pay for itself. Your link didn't work for me, but the one dim4fun posted did, and that's the one.

• David
    14 years ago

I explored Juno, HALO and CREE and ended up with CREE & HALO cans. The CREE lamps will work properly with almost any recessed can.

• footwedge
    14 years ago

Willis13, try the link again omitting the period when copying and pasting. It should link to the Juno TC44R 12v can. I plan on installing this can along with the mr16 halogen bulb then upgrading to LED in the future. Did anyone use this can and will my plan work?