Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Digital MLV Dimmers - What Transformers Work?

Posted by schicksal (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 10:02

I've been looking at a lot of 24V LED power supplies and noticed that none of them are compatible with digital MLV dimmers - they're analog only. Are there any out there that are compatible with digital dimmers? The reason I ask is because all the other dimmers in the kitchen are digital and I've been trying to avoid mixing and matching in our 4 gang boxes.

Sorry if this is a repeat - I searched previous threads and didn't find anything on the subject.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Digital MLV Dimmers - What Transformers Work?

Do you mean something like the Lutron Maestro Digital Fade MLV dimmer?

o

Yes, that's exactly what I was hoping to use but the compatibility list for transformers advertised as dimmable includes only analog dimmers. The Lutron Diva DVLV is the closest in appearance to the Maestros that are in the same wall box that these will be installed in.

I'm sure there's something out there but I'm having a lot of trouble finding it.

o

You could contact lutron's support line to find out if they have new recommendations.

o

Ok - it's looking like that's probably the best/only option. You probably found the same PDF I came across buried on their website. :)

I have to admit, their site is really disorganized with regard to finding technical information and manuals. Using Google instead of their internal search is the only way to go.

o

Not quite - I found out the hard way several years ago...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here