Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recessed infloor lighting

Posted by polymorph (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 14, 10 at 9:58

I've come up with an idea and now have to find a product to fulfil it. I'm thinking of putting recessed lighting in the floor of my kitchen. The idea is 4" squares with opaque lense, I do not want to be blinded when walking above them, it is more for style.

Has anyone heard of this or know where one might start looking. Everything I Google is for outdoor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recessed infloor lighting

You can use a Eurofase IG02, but you have to order it with a thermal coupling to make it conform to code requirements.
It then is rated for a maximum of a 35MR16

o

Like this?

The MR16 based ones can become warm and uncomfortable to step on if shoeless. There are other brands. This is one of the most shallow. Be carefull to check on the suitabllity of the color of LED.

Here is a link that might be useful: Eurofase

o

Another brand of in floor square fixture.

Here is a link that might be useful: iGuzzzini

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here