Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you help me find something like this PB light?

Posted by katiekitchen (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 23, 10 at 9:47

Hi -
We are renovating our upstairs bath and I've fallen in love with the Leo Double Sconce light from Pottery Barn, but it's backordered until May. Can you please help me find something similar?

Here's the link to the light because I don't know how to post the picture directly here:
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/leo-double-sconce/?pkey=cdouble-bath-sconce
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you help me find something like this PB light?

Sigh, I've been scouring zillions of light fixtures for the past 2 years. I thought maybe my Interior Designer (who's wonderful) could quickly narrow it down for me, but alas, when you're super-picky about light fixtures (me) I think it's a job you just have to dig through yourself. I'm 45 and I guess I feel like I've seen them all before. My fave thing is Lighting Universe....I actually keep notes of which pages I've gone through...'cause there are thousands in each category, and you can't finish a category in one sitting. I'm also copying/saving the ones that really strike me to a file, and it's helping....months later, I'm glad I have those pics, and some--I can quickly rule out now.

This one from PB is unusual with its metal shades. I love the industrial look, and that's not all that common....Search "chrome" bathroom lights on lightinguniverse.com. (Lots of them come in all finishes, but the chrome search will suffice.)
Quoizel has some very interesting ones (you can search by mfg also). You'll see a lot that are similar to the PB shape, but I haven't noticed any of the metal shades. Although, glass shades will put off more light....and there are some great fixtures on LU.
Hudson Valley also has some really interesting shapes. Sooo much more to choose from on LU than a big-box store. After you choose one, you can Google it then, to see if you find a better price.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here