Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
davidtay and all: diode led di-1101 k range strip?

Posted by SparklingWater (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 8:59

I saw these 3M peel and stick Diode LED at my local, large Fergusons showroom and was curious enough to write their name down to further investigate. "K range tunable color strips (2700k to 5500k)" is controlled by the K-Range dual slide switch (DI-1100). The system is low voltage and interconnects up to 10 feet per switch.

I am considering frameless cabinets. I want a minimal light bar to comply with 18" range to adjacent cabinet. These are 0.1 inch height x 0.4 inch width. 27 LEDS per foot. Sold by the foot they are cuttable every 4 inches. I've linked some views/description.

Have you seen them? Any comments from anyone who has them? Too new? I like their thinness and that you can color range the light as these ucl will be our main task light for the kitchen probably. I haven't run any cost comparison yet. They looked fine in the display which had marble counter top-no visible bright light reflection.

One last question: Can you run a tape like this up the side of a cabinet, over the range in a small box cabinet above the range-hood, down the inner side of a final wall cabinet and then onto the the wall cab bottom? How do you daisy chain these tapes across a range to get to the other side to allow you to be on the same circuit? This matters a lot to me before I order cabinetry, as if one can daisy chain through a cabinet over the range, than I better not use the stainless steel vent hood extension that some have recommended, but stick with over the cabinet.

Thank you very much.

Here is a link that might be useful: Diode LED:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: davidtay and all: diode led di-1101 k range strip?

Do not daisy chain runs that are separated unless you want all the lights to go out in the event of a failure at the start of the strip. I had a simple diagram showing 3 separate runs in parallel in the ucl discussion thread.

There is more info on that thread.

o
RE: davidtay and all: diode led di-1101 k range strip?

Thanks davidtay. I'll re-read it a third time to see what I haven't grasped to date. I do recall your parallel diagram but don't think I interpreted it correctly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here