Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mini chandelier or pendant 8ft ceiling?

Posted by luvpatch (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 29, 13 at 0:52

I am doing a total master bath remodel .I am looking for a decorative accent mini chandelier or pendant that would work on the ceiling of the vanity area in my master bathroom. The shower and toilet are in a separate area of the bathroom. I only have 8 foot ceilings . I really like the Maxim MX 2855 Renaissance 3 light mini chandelier and its height is 14.5 inches. If I hung this close to the ceiling would this work or would it still be too low? Thanks for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mini chandelier or pendant 8ft ceiling?

It's a lovely fixture, elegant with the embedded crystals. I can see why you like it. I have an 8 foot 6 inch kitchen ceiling with a central hanging chandelier. In my re-model, I am planning a semi flush or flush fixture, unless I give up and go all ceiling recessed lights.

There are beautiful flush and semi flush incandescent, halogen, and LED fixtures on the lighting market: shadesoflight.com; lumens.com; quoizel.com; progresslighting.com; rejuvenation.com are just a few. You might wish to look at European fixtures also; they seem to have been using LED longer than the US where I am so have quite a selection.

It's your space so do what you wish. That is truly an elegant fixture. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here