Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need low profile recessed lighting help

Posted by reinvestor (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 22, 07 at 0:28

HI,

I'm looking for the following.

A low profile recessed light for a sloped ceiling. New construction IC. Something under $20.00 and possibly that I can get from Lowes or Home Depot. (Would consider another type of lighting as long as it's modern looking. I currently have 9" squares and they just look old.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need low profile recessed lighting help

Quite the set of conditions, there. I'm not sure what you mean by "low profile." Are you looking for something that doesn't extend far above the ceiling or below it?

o

You may want to check out some websites to see if you can find what you are looking for. Juno Lighting, Lightolier and Nora Lighting all have these types of cans. The housing will probably run you more than 20.00. These are not typically found at a Lowe's or Home Depot but at lighting showrooms.
If you go to the Nora site: NoraLighting.com, search for NHIC-926QAT (new work sloped ceiling can) or NHRIC-926QAT (old work sloped ceiling can). Both of these may be covered with insulation. They are, however, 6" cans. If you want something smaller, you will need to look for low voltage.

If that is the case, I don't believe Nora makes a low voltage sloped ceiling IC can. However, you can use the regular low voltage IC can and put in a trim of either an adjustable gimbal ring or mini eyeball that can be adjusted to go straight down. You can search for the NLIC-401QSAT housing

Everything depends on the amount of space that you have above the ceiling because the IC cans are deep -- at least 8".

o

Thanks ilitem - I will check that site.

Jon1270 ---- the joists are only 2x6 so I need a can that is 5 1/2" or less in depth. That's what I meant by low profile. Maybe I should say a shallow can, IC, New constriction, for a sloped ceiling.

thanks

Thanks

o
RE: need low profile recessed lighting help 2

There is a shallow IC can but the wattage of the lamp that you use drops. Check the same websites that I gave before to see their measurements.

o

reinvestor, someone else on another thread was looking, for some time, for that exact animal - a shallow, sloped-ceiling IC can, and decided it didn't exist. Good luck to you.

o

Desperately need line voltage, 3-1/2 inches high max,recessed lights. IC, 3 or 4 inch diameter will do. Hopefully under $40.00. Can you help?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here