Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
who allows returned fixtures after trying it?

Posted by cheerpeople (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 23, 11 at 23:17

I was getting all kids of wonderful ideas about ordering fixtures online but I see the 3 sites I read up on including one on amazon, do not allow a fixture to be returned if you have tried it.

I was wondering if you know of any who do?

I recently bought a floor model sconce at menards and I saw how easy it is to disconnect an installed fixture so I'm not sure what the big deal is. I'd like to know the colors are right on the glass shades and that it makes enough light for the room etc. things that require it to be installed.

Any suggestions on where to get ones I can try before I'm stuck with them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: who allows returned fixtures after trying it?

When you bought that "floor model," did you pay full retail price for it? If not, you can probably see why most dealers might not want to let you sample and return. Once an item has been sold and returned, usually it can no longer be offered as "new."

My guess, and it's only that, would be that a high-margin lighting studio would be more likely to agree to such a scheme than a low-margin big box store.

o
RE: who allows returned fixtures after trying it?

I can't imagine a lighting store knowingly taking back a used lamp without enforcing a significant re-stocking fee.

How would you feel if you bought a lighitng fixture at retail only to discover small nicks and dings from some incompetent who tried the lamp in various places on the ceiling? How about the lamp that was momentarily shorted because the homowner didn't know how to secure two wires.

That said, we all know the box stores will take almost anything back with a receipt and a box.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here