Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lowe's Portfolio 27' LED Under Cabinet Strips

Posted by ZacsDaddy (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 9, 11 at 23:01

Hi All -- has anyone hardwired this lights? If so, are instructions included in the package? Anything special to do?

Also are they dimmable?

The price and size is perfect for my new kitchen. Thanks all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lowe's Portfolio 27' LED Under Cabinet Strips

I looked at those lights and liked them, but they were waaaay too expensive for me. Don't know if they're dimmable, but before you purchase you might want to check out these - I just got mine yesterday so not finished installing.

Here is a link that might be useful: undercabinet lighting

o

The Lowe's Portfolio lights are significantly CHEAPER than the Environmental Lights setup. That's one of the reasons I was interested in them.

@Mountaineergirl -- Have you installed yours yet? I noticed you've posted on several threads about the lights, but wondering if you've got them installed yet. Any pictures/details?

Thanks!

o

No we aren't finished installing yet. We have all the lights mounted, but needed some other interconnect items and had to place another order. They are on the way and hopefully will be here by Friday. Then its just a matter of connecting them up. (holes already drilled also) I do have one section of 30" lights (a 24" and 6" joined together) to the left of my range, but that's just about a 1/10 of the project. I am loving that part so far LOL! play with it all the time, dimming etc I leave it on full during the day and dim it at night. Its a nice white light, and makes my light over the range look wimpy.

I guess we're not looking at the same lights at Lowe's. What I saw was like $60 for an 18" bar, and I'm paying $40 for 24" bars. BUT,this price is not their advertised price. They did discount them to match the price on another website.

o

sorry to hi-jack this thread but curious ZacsDaddy--did you see the lights in the lowes store or do you special order it?
thanks

o

They are in the stores ...

o

zacsDaddy - I posted my UCL in another thread, just in case you didn't see.

Here is a link that might be useful: UCL thread

o

So -- In the end, I ended up ordering from Environmental Lights as well. I found on another forum a number of people who loved their Lowe's lights, but said they were not dimmable. Environmental was more expensive, but are dimmable (and able to fit exactly the space I needed).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here