Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help!

Posted by bkg75 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 22:14

This is kind of a silly question but I was hoping someone could help me. Recently I painted a room in my house that has halogen lighting. I liked it so much that I proceeded to paint the rest of my house the same color. The problem is in all the rooms that have the regular screw in light bulbs (whatever the heck they're called) the paint color has gone lime green! (not the color I picked) Are there any kind of bulbs out there that screw into the old regular sockets that mimic halogens? Any help would be much appreciated..especially by my wallet. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help!

Use daylight color light bulbs instead of the standard soft white color.
If you have recessed lighting, the daylight version of the CR6 or the RT6 would help.

o

Using daylight color light bulbs will probably make it look more like the halogen lighting. If that doesn't work, a good alternative is looking into LED strip lights. They are fairly cheap, easy to install and they last a lot longer then your normal bulb. The great thing about LED lights too is they come in many different colors! It might be worth your time doing a little research. You might find you like them better then your normal light bulb. I left a link to our gallery so you can see how led's look in different settings! Hope this helped! If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Here is a link that might be useful: LED Strip Lighting

o

You can get halogen bulbs with the same size screw base as your regular incandescent bulbs. They are available in different watts at big box stores and on line. I have them in most of my lamps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Halogen bulbs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here