Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
betsyhac

Dark Corner

betsyhac
14 years ago

Ok, so I'm remodeling my little kitchen in my 1924 Craftsman house. I've decided I want to put smaller, tiffany like pendants in front of each of two windows on adjacent walls, one of which will be over the sink, the other over a counter in the corner next to the range. Over the stove, in the hood, will be a light(s) and I'll have undercounter lighting all the way between the two pendants. That leaves a shorter wall (includes a doorway) where the fridge will be and a new floor to ceiling cabinet where the chimney used to be. I'm going to do a beadboard ceiling to match a small stretch of beadboard along one wall. Can lighting is out, bc there isn't enough room in the ceiling, but even if there was, I'm trying to stay away from too modern anyway. My GC and plumber are trying to talk me into ceiling lighting of some sort, but I'm really reluctant. My problem is that corner where the floor to ceiling cabinet is, first of all, and just generally about ceiling fixture(s), given that the kitchen is so small. I hope I've painted a clear picture. If necessary, I can construct a visual floor plan - tomorrow. Right now, I've had enough wine to make that seem like too big a project. Any input is very much appreciated. Thx.