Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Attractive LED candelabra bulbs

Posted by Northlut (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 20:49

What LED candelabra bulbs are people liking for applications where the bulb itself is visible? Our porch light takes two candelabra-type bulbs and the glass is mostly clear (there's just a bit of texture) and near eye level, so very prominent. We're currently using clear 40W incandescents, so the filament is visible, which is a nice effect. But they burn out ALL THE TIME, so I'd like to replace them with LEDs. I know I'm not going to get the "visible filament" look, but it seems like all of the LED candelabra bulbs I've found in the local stores are downright ugly. And the online, it's hard to find accurate pictures of what they look like when they're turned on. I'm willing to pay a premium for a product that actually looks good and puts out nice light.

Any recommendations?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Attractive LED candelabra bulbs

In these days, Led bulbs are occupying the best position in lighting system. They are available us in various shapes and sizes at affordable prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: point light source

o
RE: Attractive LED candelabra bulbs

I use this bulb from Ikea - bright, excellent incandescent-quality light, good color rendering, doesn't flicker, looks good (not quite an exposed filiment, but can't tell much difference unless up close, and even then it looks just slightly different, not worse). Only issue is they can't be dimmed, and don't play nice with some automatic ambient light sensors that turn the light on at night automatically, unless one halogen bulb is left in the circuit.

They make a larger one as well if you need a brighter bulb.

Lowes sells a similar one under their Utilitech house brand that has more of a filiment look and is dimmable too, but it's not quite as bright or good overall IMO.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here