Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
so are LED recessed lights too bright or not bright enough?

Posted by srg215 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 2, 10 at 20:05

Some posts say that they don't give enough light and some say they're too bright. which is it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: so are LED recessed lights too bright or not bright enough?

I'm not familiar with that particular brand and model fixture.

o

Depending on what you get, you can have it as bright or dim as you like, all the way from night-light up to indoor plant growlights. You can also get any colors you want, and change the colors around if you feel like it.

o

LED bulbs vary greatly in quality. Some do not spread out the light very well, which does give a hot spot. Others are too dim. Others are too blue or too orange.
There are good ones, but you'll have to do your homework if you use LED.

o

I posted some pictures of our kitchen light installation test. Here in California we are stuck with the rules to comply or "no go". We opted to spring for the LED cans mostly because of the height of the ceiling and changing bulbs.

See my post below with pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of kitchen LED cans

o

They are sufficiently bright. Cree will have CR6 lamps available on the market soon which will be ~ 50% cheaper than the LR6.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here