Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UCL finally installed - for those interested

Posted by mountaineergirl (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 27, 11 at 19:31

I thought I posted this last night, but it's not showing up anywhere, and I didn't check to see if it did before going to bed, so here it goes again :)

We installed LED light bars from environmentallights.com. We got their "older" version, not the new high brightness ones that are much higher. We did get these at a discount because they are phasing these out. It would have cost twice as much for 15-20% brighter lights - something we couldn't rationalize. The power supply, lights bars, dimmers and interconnect items were roughly $500. As you know, LED should last 10 years, but who knows about the electronics inside the lights? so we bought a little extra in case a bar goes bad.

The lights look way more bluish in the pics than in real life. We purchased the "neutral white" (4000K) and in hind sight I think the "soft white" (3000K) may have been better. The reason I chose the neutral white was because of the lumens, and I wanted to make sure they were bright enough. No worries! they are plenty bright, and I love the dimming capability.

So here are the pics

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

again, I took these with my iphone, so not quality photos. The lights are a really nice white light. AND we highly recommend environmentallights.com Dealt with a guy named Bruce. They are extremely helpful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UCL finally installed - for those interested

Your install looks really nice.

as info, last week I saw ucl light bars at Sams (good price!!).

fred

o

Congratulations!

o

Looks good! Enjoy!!

o
RE: UCL finally installed -

I wanted to post additional pictures taken with a better camera that doesn't make the lighting look so blue. This is the first time I have ever had UCL and let me just say I think its the best invention EVER! LOL especially for those of us over 50 whose eyesight isn't what it once was...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

back to page 1 with you!

o

Mountaingirl, which model did you get?

o

I used the regular ones, not the "High Brightness" ones, which were quite a bit more $$ and I am really happy with these. I seriously think the High Brightness ones would be overkill for UCL. You could dim them but why pay for more brightness just to dim them? I dim the ones I have at night.

Someone on another thread claimed their LED lights lost their brightness after 6 months. I would be so upset if that happens, after paying nearly $500! But I thought it possibly had to do with their power supply going bad, I don't know tho.

Here's the link again to the lights I have...

Here is a link that might be useful: My UCL lights

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here