Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need led uc light alternative to philips ew profile powercore

Posted by kaysd (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 18:51

Based on information posted here, I really wanted to use the Philips eW Profile Powercore LED UC lights, but the available sizes (9.3" or 19.3") don't work well for us. I also considered the really expensive Unilume fixtures, but the 13" and 19" options still aren't great. 2 of my uppers have 26.5" of open space between the sides of the cabinets and the other 2 have 16.5". (The cabinets are not connected to each other, so notching the sides of the cabinets for a longer run of lights isn't an option.)

We can't use recessed cans in this kitchen (wood ceiling with no attic above), so the UC lights are an important light source in the lighting plan. I want high lumens, 3000K, CRI 85+ and prefer not to see a line of "dots" reflected on the counters.

My designer suggested Rayser by Lithonia Lighting (12" and 24"). Is Rayzer a good substitute for Philips eW? Are there any other brands you would recommend?

Here is a link that might be useful: Rayser

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need led uc light alternative to philips ew profile powercore

The last poster on the UCL DIY thread continuation had an interesting light

Here is a link that might be useful: driverless LED

o

Those do look interesting. I like the idea of not needing multiple drivers, but they are only cuttable every 19.68" so they would not fit under my smaller uppers. It also looks like they plug in, and my electrician left wire coming out of the wall at all 4 locatiosn so they can be hard wired.

o

Another way to solve the problem is by staggering light strips or using some other arrangement that does not have the lights lined up in a straight line.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here