Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interior Cabinet Lights

Posted by court623 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 1, 09 at 17:49

I am renovating my kitchen and have a few small glass cabinets. I am going to have my electrician wire interior lights inside the top of these cabinets. What should I be looking for?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interior Cabinet Lights

I use WAC brand low voltage cans model HR-1136. They are small 3" cans that take mr-11 lamps. Remote transformers are required. They can be bought online.

o

I used strip LED lights and they work great. I have a pair in my butler pantry upper cabinets as shown below:

Butler Pantry west uppers

They are from albeo and you can get just about any length and produce way more light than you might expect. If you are lighting up glass do not use the warmest light temperature as they will not look good.

Here is a link that might be useful: Albeo Talea HP light fictures

o

Point source lighting makes things sparkle. Strip lighting makes cabinets glow and things easy to find. For display go with sparkle. For utility go with glow. You will also need glass shelves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here