Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

Need Some Quick Help Picking Fixtures-PICS

eldemila
14 years ago

I've been eyeing some light fixtures prior to purchasing a new (old) home 2 weeks ago and the site I was planning on ordering from is having an additional percentage off, so I'd like to take advantage of the added savings before the deal is over.

I'm trying to figure out which way to go. When you walk in the house there's a light fixture in the entry/foyer. Straight ahaead is the formal living room where there is currently a off-centered ceiling fan that will be replaced with a window centered light fixture. A little forward and to the left of the foyer light is the hallway leading to the bedrooms in a L shape, but more like and upside down L, with a fixture in each part of the L shape.

I'm trying to figure out if the foyer light should be of it's own design, or tie it to something similar to the living room light since you will see both upon entering the home. There's a light I like for the hallway with a matching light I could use in the living room. It hangs too low to use in the foyer.

The hallway lights are semi-hanging and the living room would be a hanging fixture. I don't think it would be a good idea to do 3 of the same light fixture, one in the foyer, two in the hall?

Below are some pictures to better explain, along with the fixtures I like for the hallway and the similar one I could use in the living room

First pic is the foyer light, as seen from the living room

First hallway light (didn't bother with a pic of the second hallway light)

Pic of both the above lights in correlation to each other looking from the living room

Any ideas, opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

Comments (2)