Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this light fixture too big for my kitchen?

Posted by LRy511 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 10, 11 at 15:49

I am planning a kitchen renovation and I am interested in a chandelier for over my kitchen table. My ceiling height is 7'6"( house built in 1966). My kitchen table is 4' wide and 5' 6" long and is the standard 30" tall.It sits in front of a bay window. The lighting fixture is 28" high and 32" wide. I would mount it to the canopy without any chain links. It is a very light and airy fixture and I cannot tell if it would be the proper scale for the table. ( Salento chandelier by Quorum). Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this light fixture too big for my kitchen?

Is this the light at the link below? It is 28" high and 32" wide.

I found this about height from the table...Light over Dining Room Table... how far should it hang?

30" table
28" height of light
32" from table (28-32 recommended)
90" total...and your ceiling height is 90" so the height would be all right.

In my opinion, it would be fine, since as you say, the fixture is light and airy.

You might also try asking at The Home Decorating Forum. It is a very active forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quorum International 6006-6-70 Salento 6 Light

o
RE: Is this light fixture too big for my kitchen?

Thank you. The thread really helped. Dont be surprised to see it repeated in the decorating forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here