Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xine_gw

Outdoor Lights (next to front door)

xine
14 years ago

I've just come from my "design center" appointment for my new house being built by Ryland Homes. I've upgraded the lights on the outside of the garage door to Progress Lighting's Coventry style. It's a fixture 20" long and there will be one either side of the garage door.

I added wiring to either side of the front door to add a similar fixture there as well, but didn't want a huge 20" fixture there. Thinking that I could find a smaller version of the same Coventry style online, I did not purchase a fixture from Ryland at the design center.

Now I've discovered that the smallest fixture available is a 17" model, which still seems large. What size fixture would you all recommend for this application? It's a single door opening and there will also be recessed lighting in the porch ceiling, so this is not the main lighting source. These will be more decorative than anything.

I just hate that I had to make all of my decisions in one 4 hour time period without the opportunity to research online and then come back!!! sigh... oh well...

Here is a link that might be useful: Progress Coventry fixture

Comments (2)