Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
inside cabinent sollution?

Posted by rtmom2 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 2, 09 at 14:22

My GC that did my kitchen hasn't shown up in a month to finish little things to be done. When the electrician was last here I spoke to him about adding a light inside a cabinet even though all the lighting was complete. (When I first mentioned it to the GC he wasn't in favor of this, don't know why). He said he could still do it. He would increase the size of the transformer and add another puck light in the cabinet. He put in hallogen 20 watt undercabinet puck lights and would add 10 watts inside cabinet. He said I would have to speak to the GC first since it was after the fact for pricing. Well I've given up on the GC and don't want to give him more $ (we still owe him $5000 but we have a credit from work not needed to be done, I think about $2000) and who knows when he'll show up if he does. My DH is handy and willing to do it, but I don't think I want hallogen inside a glass cabinet due to heat and I don't think we should mess with the transformer. What other ways can we do this with a finished kitchen? We do have dead space behind cabinet (a corner cabinet) and we have a outlet a few inches below it? Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: inside cabinent sollution?

Check some of the other recent posts for cabinet lighting options.

Most systems are easy to install and should be within the capability of a handy husband, but if you have concerns it is better to be sure and get the experts on the job. Wait until after the contract is settled and then call the electrician directly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here