Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lighting plan for LR and Kitchen (xpost)

Posted by swspitfire (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 6, 10 at 13:50

I have made a lighting plan, not sure if it appears sufficient. I am going to the lighting store today.
Any feed back would be appreciated.
I will use 6 inch can recessed lighting with clear alzak, or black alzkc trims (as has been recommended here).
Currently in the LR is a table light just near the couch and a floor reading light that swivels over the chair near the stairs.
There will be under cabinet lighting on the sink wall. No upper wall cabinets on the fridge side.
DR and hall stairs have ceiling fixtures. The dotted line in the kitchen represents a drop ceiling (ht about 87")
The ceiling ht everwhere else is about 95"
Thank you

lighting Plan 1

One square = one square foot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lighting plan for LR and Kitchen (xpost)

I'm going through a similar situation right now and from what I've read the lights should be located above the edge of the counter. For yours I would have two rows, each above the counter. I also think you have them spaced too close together. Four to five feet apart would be sufficient.

o
RE: Lighting plan for LR and Kitchen (xpost)

Hi vanisleevt
On the fridge side is just one counter area, the peninsula at the end near the DR. There is a full ht(very close to ceiling) pantry on both sides of the fridge. I did not think I had enough room to have 2 rows of lights. If I put 2 rows of lights I think I will not have light into the pantry to look around in there.
I also thought it would be nicer to center 2 lights over the peninsula instead of at the counter edge.
Perhaps my floor plan did not display very well. Here are some older pics (no lighting inserted on these)

fridge on LR side3

fridge on LR side2

Photobucket

Thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here