Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kacie70

Solution Needed: Light Fixture for Low Slanted Stairway Ceiling

kacie70
14 years ago

Hi All,

We are in the process of a total home renovation. In the stairwell where the ceiling slants upward at the same slope as the stairs, I had the electrician install what I thought was a recessed light. I did this because I wanted a recessed lens-type light there where light would shine on the adjacent wall so I could make a mini family picture gallery. However, when it came time to install fixtures, I realized he had installed a place for a regular flush mount instead of a can light.

Of course, in order to redo this area he would need to cut through the drywall which has already been sanded, primed, and painted. So, I purchased a track light of sorts at Lowe's. It is a standard flush mount base with 3 track lights in a circle that I can adjust to point in various directions. I'd be OK with this fixture if not for two facts: 1. when descending the stairs into the light a person is bound to see stars in front of them for a while because the light shines directly into their face. 2) The look of this fixture is awkward and way out of sync with the rest of my lighting plan.

If anyone has a solution to the above, please let me know. I greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks!

Kacie70

Comments (2)