Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hobbesct

Recessed layout for my kitchen

hobbesct
11 years ago

Hi all,

I'm trying to finalize the layout of the recessed lighting for my kitchen. Any feedback/help would be appreciated.

I plan on using 6-inch cans with Cree CR6 LED lighting. Over the sink will be a 4-inch can with a Cree CR4 (separately switched). There will be LED tape lighting under the cabinets. There are two pendants over the peninsula and a chandelier above the table.

The dimensions of the kitchen portion of the room (not including the eat-in area) are about 9 x 14. Ceilings are 8 feet high.

I have worked out two rough options. Option 1 has cans positioned in seemingly optimal locations, but if looks like it could be too much light. That is a lot of cans in a small space. But the lights will be on a dimmer so maybe it would not be an issue.

Option 2 has fewer cans, so maybe a more appropriate amount of lighting. Certainly it is a less cluttered ceiling. But the can locations do not seem to work as well and the spacing may be just a bit too far apart to get good even lighting.

I am open to any feedback, including modification to either of these two plans. Thanks.

- Mark

This post was edited by hobbesct on Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 13:22

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars150 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource