Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please --need help with recessed lights (photo included)

Posted by mbarstow (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 16, 09 at 11:05

I desperately need help on placement of recessed lights. Ceiling height is 8.5 ft. and I will have at least 180 watts in pendant over sink (dimmable) and lights under range hood. The work area is 12 x 10.5 ft. but the
room is 12 x 17.5 with an adjoining 10 x 10 breakfast room which will have a chandelier. Will 7 (5'') floods be sufficient? The 6 ft base cabinet over by the exit door is not a work area--it is strictly a storage area. Where should these lights be placed? Thanks for all suggestions.
kit flplan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please --need help with recessed lights (photo included)

I'd reccomend doing the 4" low voltage over incandescent, better lighting less wattage and more light, also longer life on the bulb, i'd do 6 in the kitchen and 4 in the eating area. Look in the the EL1488 trim from Elco Lighting, thats the trim i'd recommend and use a wide beam, AKA a FNV. Let me know if you have any questions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here